We got to spend several weeks this summer with our families in Kansas and Indiana. It was such a great trip with lots of extra time for fun and memories!
In KS, we did everything from a wildlife zoo to cheering the guys on in a golf tournament... and lots of fun playing in between:
Great Grandpa, Grandpa, Daddy, Uncle Grant, and the kiddos!
Making cinnamon rolls with MorMor
Playing house with Grandpa
Brooke and Grant chatting it up
Playing Hungry Hungry Hippos
Being brave for Grant and petting the kangaroos
In IN, we got to celebrate Grandma and PaPaw's 50th anniversary - which was so special!! We also managed to fit in some lake time and plenty of fun with the cousins:
My precious mom and dad... in love for over 50 years!
Kate swimming like a fish... in the lake I grew up in =)
Hot afternoons call for DQ runs
Being silly with PaPaw
Padrick cuddling Brooke
Josh attempting to hold her!
Visiting Notre Dame where John went to school, and I met him for the first time ❤️
Showing Kate the golden dome, where she was convinced a beautiful princess lives
Out riding bikes on my parents road, admiring the country sunset
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Here's some pics from the summer that I haven't posted yet. We had a ball playing outside, and going to our pool - the girls couldn't get enough of it!
John joined a softball league with some guys from church... we loved going to the games to cheer him on (and play with friends cheering their daddies on, too)
We also had several visitors this summer, which was so fun! Kate loves showing everyone her "new" big girl room (even if they've seen it before) and all her things =)
|Kate showing off her bunny bag from Aunt Audrey|
|Aunt Bonnie reading Noah's Ark to Kate|
|Going to church with Grandma|
|Helping Hoppy, Grandpa and Daddy opening their Father's Day gifts|
It was such a fun summer with this little family of four!
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
At 10 Months Old, Brooke:
- makes us laugh all the time! She is such a happy, silly girl... always scrunching her face up, or fake laughing just to entertain us
- mysteriously finds a way out of her high chair no matter how well she's strapped in
- is not a fan of puréed baby food anymore... especially now that real food is an option!
- loves to dance whenever there's music playing =)
- hears the dishwasher or refrigerator door open, and darts over to try and get in
- walks across the floor pushing her walker toy
- weighs 17 lbs and is 27 inches long